Bordeaux Versus Burgundy Fine Wine Tasting
The two most revered regions in the world of fine wine. Almost every great cellar in the world contains examples of the top wines, vintages and producers from these two famed wine growing areas. At complete odds not only in the grape varieties, but style, complexity and approach to the wine-making business, the aim of the masterclass will not be to decide which region is better, but to learn about differences between these regions and to appreciate each for its own merits.
Taking on three distinct flights, the evening led by our Head of Fine Wine and former Fat Duck Sommelier Lukasz Kolodziejczyk, will see Burgundy and Bordeaux go head to head across a variety of different producers, premier crus and classified growths. The flights will also pit wines of similar maturity allowing guests to evaluate and compare the aging capacity and potential of these great wines.
- 2008 Domaine Marquis d'Angerville Pommard 1er Cru Combes Dessus
- 2005 Domaine de Chevalier, Pessac-Léognan
- 2000 Château Calon-Ségur, Saint-Estèphe
- 1999 Domaine Jean Grivot, Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru Les Roncières
- 1993 Louis Jadot, Gevrey-Chambertin, Clos-St-Jacques 1er Cru
- 1995 Château Cos d'Estournel, Saint-Estèphe