Wines listed under the Gevrey-Chambertin, Cote de Nuits Region:
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Clos-de-Beze Grand Cru
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Grand Cru
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Charmes-Chambertin
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey-Chambertin ‘Clos-Saint-Jacques’
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru
- Domaine Dujac, Chambertin
- Domaine Fourrier, Gevrey Chambertin Clos St Jacques
- Domaine Fourrier, Griottes Chambertin Grand Cru
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Charmes Chambertin
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Ruchottes Chambertin
- Domaine Leroy, Chambertin Grand Cru
- Domaine Leroy, Gevrey les Combottes
- Domaine Leroy, Latricieres Chambertin
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Griotte Chambertin
- Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin Grand Cru
- Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin Grand Cru
Gevrey-Chambertin Wine Region Summary
Arguably the most well-known village in the Cote d’Or, Gevrey-Chambertin lies in the far north of the Cote de Nuits, some 15 Kilometres south of Dijon. Situated in between Fixin (pronounced “Fieson”) to the north, and Morey-St-Denis to the immediate south. The winemaking area incorporates 210 hectares (770 acres) of land and exclusively uses the red grape Pinot Noir.
Gevrey-Chambertin is the home to 9 of the 33 Burgundy Grand Cru AOC wines including; Chambertin; Chambertin Clos de Beze, Chapelle-Chambertin; Charmes Chambertin; Mazis Chambertin, Griotte Chambertin, Latricieres-Chambertin, Mazoyeres-Chambertin and Ruchotte-Chambertin. In terms of style, Gevrey tends to produce deep coloured, fuller-bodied structured wines that have excellent ageing potential.
Whilst Domaine Leroy is responsible for the most expensive Grand Cru in this AOC (Chambertin) it’s Domaine Armand Rousseau that’s considered the King of this Commune with 2.15 hectares in Chambertin alone, as well as another 4.38 hectares across four other Grand Crus. Rousseau produces a number of Premier Cru wines including “Clos Saint-Jacques” which is one of the most famous of the premier cru sites in Burgundy; it commands Grand Cru prices and if there was ever an AOC shuffle it would almost certainly be upgraded; such is the quality.